Tuesday 27 October 2009

Age of Stupid

So its been awhile, the grip of the pen has slipped as the vice like grip of a working life has tightened. Anyhow I thought I would drop some words in light of an afternoon spent at Guardian HQ for an education launch. The relevance of such is the fact it was one of those moments when you go 'oh shit'. The reason for such a moment was linked to todays event, an educational resource launch to accompany the Age of Stupid film which tackles the issue of climate change. Climate change is an issue, like many of you I would imagine, that makes me switch off, sigh and other indifferent responses. However, when watching scenes from the film you are forced to go 'fuck' we really are screwing over are planet. I am not going to preach about being an eco warrior etc. especially in light of my own lifestyle choices, however, the few clips from this film have made me determined to watch the film and find out more. It only leaves me to post a link, that shows the making of the film and urge you to find out more, of both the film and the issue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/video/2009/mar/02/age-of-stupid-making-of

5 comments: