Tuesday 30 June 2009

Fruity Roots

So today can only be described as a sizzler, with my present freelance status this has enabled me to get involved in some tan toppage while digging for victory in my garden.

As an interlude from the great outdoors I ducked inside and began preparing for a primary school assembly I'm conducting next week. This, for those that don't know, is part of my work as a volunteer school speaker for Oxfam. The subject of the talk is fairtrade, which I wont bore you with, however, while scouring the Fairtrade Foundation website I came across this rather odd campaign video. While I'm all for celebrity endorsement of charity work, if it gains extra press coverage etc. this little link up between Roots Manuva and the Fairtrade Foundation is strictly from the left field. Suffice to say I wont be playing this version of Again & Again (from the 2008 Slime & Reason album) to the kids, but for all you guys, here is the video in all its questionable glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment